The National Association of Plan Advisors, part of the American Retirement Association, is the only association created by and for retirement plan advisors. Membership is also open to other retirement industry professionals who support the interests of plan advisors.
While the financial services industry is well represented in Washington by other trade associations, NAPA is the only advocacy group that is exclusively focused on the issues that matter to retirement plan advisors. This exclusive focus is what differentiates NAPA from other associations.
As a professional society, NAPA is uniquely committed to seven core principles of advisors serving employer-sponsored retirement plans:
- The retirement industry is in transition and NAPA is a leader for positive change.
- NAPA’s core purpose is to enhance retirement security in America.
- NAPA members focus on providing high quality, professional advice to retirement plans and/or their participants.
- NAPA members are committed to leading the transition to a more transparent, effective, professionally governed retirement system.
- NAPA members may serve as either fiduciaries or non-fiduciaries, but are committed to clearly disclosing their fiduciary or non-fiduciary status to their ERISA retirement plan clients.
- NAPA members pledge to comply with all requirements relating to retirement plans that are or will be required by the SEC, DOL, or any other governing agencies.
- NAPA members pledge to maintain ethical standards in their representation of plan sponsor and participant clients and will strive to service them under a process that puts their clients’ interests first.
Membership offers four valuable benefits: advocacy, professional development, business intelligence, and networking – all designed to keep plan advisors in the forefront of the industry and help them succeed.